Thursday, July 8, 2010

Attack of the BBQ

Let's start off with a "no" to my friends in-the-know about my yearning for a grill. This girl has yet to purchase a grill. This is more about the dangers of the outdoor grilling season or better yet, the dreaded BBQ. This past weekend was the 4th and boy did I indulge. Battered and fried shrimp, mac-n-cheese, baked beans, potato salad, a hamburger, you name it, I ate it; all of it, every delicious bite and dammit I enjoyed it until I added up my points and journaled what I had eaten. Then I kinda of went "oh hell" and did it again. Three times to be exact. I went 40+ points over my extra 35 points that I am allowed. OMG and tonight it weigh-in and I am sad. After my disappointing weight loss last month .6lbs to be exact I was pretty stoked when last week I lost 1.8lbs and this week I am afraid, very afraid of the scales. I have considered not going this week, giving myself a break but  that is why I weigh what I weigh. Too many breaks and cookies and days laying on the couch doing nothing. *sigh*

So where does that leave me? Well, it leaves me with the understanding that I can't be trusted around food. That I still have a whole lot of work to do on me and the way my brain is hard-wired when it comes to food. This weekend I have two parties to attend and with that two pitfalls for my diet. I hope that this weekend I can focus more on the party and the fellowship and less on the food and the guilt. Wish me luck ;)

No comments: