Friday, February 11, 2011

Stuff and other such nonsense...

So today is yet another Dr appointment, this time for me, however. I hope that I am not as annoyed as I was yesterday while sitting the the Dr office waiting for Tony. It was just an annoying mess. I try so hard not to be mad (because I am going to have a freakin' stroke one of these days because of my temper) but damn, why does everyone get stuff for free but me? I honestly was the only person that hour that had a job save for the people that worked there! I know the unemployment rate for the AC is like 11% but what are the chances at all 11% being at the Dr at the same time? I mean really? Oh wait, what am I thinking? Working people can't afford to go to the Dr, duh.

But enough of that nonsense. I could go on and on forever about it and I am a walking contradiction when it comes to public assistance, anyway. I believe that at one time it was a great program, meant to help people get on their feet, now however, it seems to keep people down. No happy medium I guess.

Why all the Dr. appointments? Well with Tony being well chronically ill it involves a lot of maintenance appointments. A lot of yeah things look OK for now see ya in a month because we need to test this medication or more blood work and the beginning of the year is a total suck because he has to have all these expensive tests to make sure he doesn't have cancer or the varices haven't worsened because of the cirrhosis. It really is a pain in the ass.

Today, however, the Dr appointment is for me. *sigh* And I am such a bad patient. I sorta take my medication, at what dose I feel like, not really what the Dr may want me to take. I am choosy and generally non-compliant. Not a good time for the Dr. I just really want a miracle. I want the magic wand to be waved over me and all the annoying stuff that I see the Dr for to be magically gone. But for some reason that never happens. But today should be a quick visit just a medication re-check and a shot. Boy I love those! Nothing makes me happier than a shot in the buns. Yeah me.

However, I babble. The whole reason for this blog? No reason really. I started this blog with a lesson in mind about how people should take care of themselves and the downfall of human kind and really it just ended up about nothing. But that's OK because I like talking about nothing.

No comments: