Tuesday, November 10, 2009

who knew?

Yeah so my blogs are so boring here lately that I think I am going to have to start lying to get some excitement into them. There are many reasons my blogs have been boring as of late, one is I am in a rut and trying to heal myself, which makes for a boring existence, and some other is some of the things going on in my life I really can't put into words. So if I can't put shit into words I have no blog. Some of my better blogs if I do say so myself are when I can relax and write as if I am writing only for myself, like a journal. Then someone will say "I like your blogs" and then I panic and realize that other people read my words and I freak out and it really affects (effects, what-the-hell-ever) my writing. I can't always just put everything out here for everyone to see. It would hurt too many people because I am mean as hell. Seriously, totally mean, believe it.

With that being said, however, I do have a small bitch tonight. It may even turn into a big bitch if I put enough effort into it. But...I digress. Tony and I were watching the Cleveland show (which I can't decide if I like or not) and the topic was Cleveland's step-daughters virginity. This episode totally pissed me off. Basically saying that "girls" should keep themselves virgins so men will like them and men should "do" everything that comes along and boys that are virgins are nerds/geeks/freaks or whatever have you. I am sure that the episode was poking fun at cultural expectations and rules but it really just rubbed me raw. Woman consistently get the short end of the stick. We make less money than men, we face crazy expectations about our looks and never aging, and we never, ever can enjoy sex. A woman that enjoys sex is whore/slut/easy in our societies eyes. And it pisses me off. We should be open and accepting and comfortable with  women who are sexually comfortable with themselves. We don't enjoy that wonderful sensual feeling of a sexual relationship, instead we (yeah, I am using the royal we tonight, deal) feel way too many other emotions (was it too soon, will they call, was I too loud/quiet/wet/dry, was it any good, did I look fat, etc etc). When a woman is open about her sexual needs and feelings people get all crazy and uncomfortable and it's sad. We should support and encourage each other to have our needs satisfied. There are woman out there who cannot orgasm, will not orgasm and fake orgasms. Wouldn't we all be a little happier if we were having orgasms regularly? I know I would! Ok tangent there. I do want to mention that I don't think teenagers of either sex should be having sex until they are older. I know this is an old-fashion and unpopular point of view but it's true. I am sure there are those of us out there who's first sexual experience perhaps was the most wonderful experience ever (and I think they are lying), but for a lot of us it isn't. It is confusing and scary and opens a door to things teenagers are not ready to handle emotionally. Hell a lot of adults are not ready to handle the emotions that having sex brings.

I guess it's just complicated.

No comments: