Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Waist not want not

Today at yahoo.com one of  the headlines read Tyra Banks sorry for Top Model ad
(http://tv.yahoo.com/blog/tyra-banks-sorry-for-top-model-promo-with-stickthin-model--1470) so me being nosy, of course I had to check it out. What did that crazy Tyra do this time? Well, as it would apprear Top Model put out an ad showing, hold on to your hats...a really tall, thin model.*Gasp, faint*  Who knew such things existed? I mean, really, thin and tall? And a model? Oh. My.God. Anything but that.

Why the uproar? Hell, I dunno. Yeah this model is thin and yeah a person can circle her waist with their hands but she pretty much looks like a tall-thin model. What is this contestant's claim to fame? Having the worlds smallest waist, really, I can hardly believe it. Well, I dunno if it is the smallest but it is pretty darn small. Has anyone ever had this affliction before? Is this a true claim to fame? I dunno, I am doubtful as Laura Ingalls Wilder's Ma had a waist that Pa could circle with his hands although she was short and didn't make the headline news. Oh yeah and died well over a hundred years ago.

Where times different when LIW's Ma was living? Sure, women were judged on their appearance and used various items like corsets and not eating to keep themselves thin and attractive. It was a different time people! Wake up...oh wait. You mean that woman were judged on their appearance then, too? Well, damn.

So where does this leave us? Well, I don't know, I am guessing it leaves us judged on our ability to be attractive and thin. What a suck. Is it right, wrong, or who cares? Of course, being vaginally impaired, I think it sucks. Really sucks really bad. Can't I be judged because of the color of my skin or the curliness of my hair? Umm, lets try that again...Can't I be judged because of my religious belief's or the area in which I live? Oh hell, this isn't going well. Isn't there a saying about judging? Doesn't it go something like "judge ye not least ye become an asshole?"

No comments: